Everybody will agree that Spotify is among the best music applications that are being used by people worldwide. But have you encountered an error saying that your account is being used by another person in another device?
Actually, if you shared your username and password with friends or family members, this will often occur. And, if someone is using your account when you feel like you want to listen to music at a specific time, that is totally annoying! Ever wondered about this question – “Can two people listen to Spotify at the same time?”. In this article, we will be finding out if this is possible.
Actually, this is possible by applying three different solutions. If you keep on asking the same query – “Can two people listen to Spotify at the same time?”, then you are about to find the answers here so keep on reading until the end of this post.
Part 1. Can Two People Listen To Spotify At The Same Time: The First Solution
As initially mentioned, we have possible solutions to this question - “Can two people listen to Spotify at the same time?”. And the first and the easiest is to get a subscription in Spotify (get a Spotify Premium account under the Family plan). The cost of subscribing to a family plan is 14.99 USD per month. You might notice that this seems to be more expensive compared to the other premium plans being offered by Spotify. The reason for this is because, under the Family Plan, five people are allowed to use and share the account.
What is the difference in getting the Family plan in Spotify with the other premium plans being offered? Actually, if you are subscribed to the Family plan, you can also enjoy the same perks that are being experienced by Premium account users – removal of advertisements during the listening time, the feature to download songs and playlists for offline streaming, skipping of songs, and many more – and pay a cheaper amount at 2.5 USD per month.
Here is how you can subscribe to a Family plan under Spotify.
- Open your Spotify application. Do the log in process by entering your username and password.
- You need to invite your family members (you live with) to Premium.
- The family members you have invited must accept the invitation and do the confirming of the home address to proceed.
However, the drawback of using the Family plan is that there is this requirement that needs to be fulfilled. The people sharing the account must be living in the same address. Actually, Spotify is doing the checking from time to time in order to verify that all the users are living in the same area. A validation method is being performed.
Part 2. Can Two People Listen To Spotify At The Same Time: The Second Solution
“Can two people listen to Spotify at the same time?” Well, here is another answer to that question. This is as well easy and simple to perform. This method is to stream songs via the Offline Mode feature. This is an advantage that has been made available to all Premium Spotify account users.
In using the offline mode for playing Spotify songs, two people can listen to songs or even podcasts at the same time as long as playlists have been downloaded in the device. The disadvantage here is that you cannot listen to any other new songs or music. But the great thing is that the other user can also listen to downloaded songs without disturbing the other. Since playlists are already downloaded, the Spotify application won’t be able to detect that both of you are streaming at the same time.
This is what procedure you need to perform in order to be able to stream Spotify songs though another user is streaming via your account. Of course, you need to subscribe to the Premium plan in order to enjoy the offline streaming advantage.
- Open your Spotify account and begin listening to songs you like.
- Make sure that all songs or podcasts will be downloaded and saved on your device.
- You need to ensure that your “Offline Mode” has been turned on. Here is an easy method for each device.
- If you are using a Windows computer, you will see the “three-dot icon” that is located at the upper-left portion of the screen. Head to the “File” option and in the menu that would appear, hit the “Offline Mode” button.
- In case you are using a Mac computer, tick the “Spotify” option in the upper part of the main interface. There will be options that would be displayed on the screen. From those options, hit the “Offline Mode” button.
- For Android or Apple mobile devices, you can do the turning on of the “Offline Mode” by going to the “Home” tab that is at the bottom area of your phone’s screen. Now, you need to hit the gear icon. Choose “Playback” and on the next page, you need to toggle the “Offline” menu in order to turn it on. The green color signifies that you have done this successfully.
- Finally, you and your friend can now listen to downloaded music or podcasts offline (at the same time) anytime you want to!
Upon doing the above, there is nothing to worry about when it comes to listening to Spotify songs using only one account (for two people). If you are worried and wanted to have the “Offline Mode” turned off, you can follow the same process.
We will be learning the third and probably the most convenient solution to this dilemma – “Can two people listen to Spotify at the same time?” in the third part of this article.
Part 3. Download Spotify Songs Using DumpMedia Spotify Music Converter
As stated, the easiest method for two people to listen to Spotify songs at the same time will be discussed in this part of the post. And, that is to do the downloading using a trusted tool such as this DumpMedia Spotify Music Converter.
What can you get from using the mentioned tool?
- Firstly, you can download as many Spotify songs as you want and save those to your device. Because batch processing is possible, you can process more than one file at a time.
- Spotify songs are DRM protected making it difficult to download songs and play in unauthorized devices but with DumpMedia Spotify Music Converter, you can have this restriction removed.
- You can do the conversion of songs to many available formats supported.
- Installation is easy and simple (few requirements are needed).
- Share the converted and downloaded songs to anyone!
- The interface is easy and multiple languages are supported as well.
In order to use this DumpMedia Spotify Music Converter, you just need to keep in mind that your Spotify application must not be running while conversion and downloading is being done.
Upon making sure about the above, you can just follow the below steps.
- Launch the DumpMedia Spotify Music Converter on your personal computer.
- Add the Spotify songs and choose an output format.
- Convert the selected Spotify songs.
Step #1. Launch The DumpMedia Spotify Music Converter On Your Personal Computer
The first thing that is needed to be done is to first install the tool on your personal computer. Since installation is easy to perform, you should be able to have the application running on your computer after a few minutes. Once the installation has been completed, you need to open and launch the software.
Step #2. Add The Spotify Songs And Choose An Output Format
The next step that needs to be performed is to add the Spotify songs onto the platform. Since you can process a lot of songs in one go, you can add as many as you want. After doing so, you can just choose the desired output from the list available. You can do this under the “Convert All Tasks to” button. You can also set the output path under the “Output” menu.
Step #3. Convert The Selected Spotify Songs
Finally, you can now do the conversion by simply hitting the “Convert” button. After a few minutes, the converted songs will be saved on the output path specified.
Now, you can freely share all those songs downloaded with anyone you want! Listen to those songs anytime you want to! A bunch of people can also stream the converted songs without affecting your listening experience.
Part 4. To Sum It All
The answer to the question - “Can two people listen to Spotify at the same time?” is now solved! You have three options ready for you! And, if you want to enjoy a solution that won’t require you a need for monthly payment, then the best solution is the third one – the use of DumpMedia Spotify Music Converter!