Some files can’t open on your Mac. That could be irritating at times. You would have to find ways to convert these files so that they could be viewed on your Mac.
One of the files that can’t open on your Mac are the ones in AVI format. You would have to convert AVI to MPEG first so that you make use of the file. Of course, that would take some time to do. Well, don’t worry because you have options as to how you can convert files so that you can view them on your Mac. Some of these options won’t take much of your time.
Part 1. What is AVI?
Microsoft introduced the AVI format in 1992. Hence, it’s standard for Windows computers. The file container of this particular format can contain both video and audio data. Audio-with-video playback is possible at the same time with an AVI file format. Unfortunately, it just doesn’t open on Mac.
Part 2. How to Convert AVI to MPEG?
There are two simple methods to open and to view AVI files on your Mac. These two methods are efficient ways to view AVI files on your Mac since they don’t take up a lot of your time. Read on to learn more about these two methods.
Option #1. Rely on the DumpMedia Video Converter
There is one convenient converter that you can use. It’s called the DumpMedia Video Converter. This is an easy tool to work with. It just takes a couple of clicks on the software to convert AVI to MPEG. Take a look at the steps below on how easy it is to convert with the DumpMedia Video Converter.
Step 1. Visit DumpMedia’s website
Step2. Look for the Video Converter.
Step 3. Add the AVI file to convert.
Step 4. Convert AVI to MPEG.
Here are the detailed steps to convert AVI to MPEG using the DumpMedia Video Converter.
Step 1. Visit DumpMedia’s Website
DumpMedia.com is a safe website. You won’t find any ads or on it. It’s a straightforward website that deals only with the tools the DumpMedia Video Converter has to offer.
Step2. Look for the Video Converter
The Video Converter of the DumpMedia Video Converter is one of its major tools. You will find that it has a lot of other tools to offer. Hit on Video Converter and choose the I need a Mac version. Go for the trial version by clicking on the blue Free Download button. After you have downloaded the DumpMedia Video Converter, it will be pretty easy for you to install and launch it.
Step 3. Add the AVI File to Convert
Now that you have the DumpMedia Video Converter launched, you can add the AVI file to it by simply clicking on the + sign you see before Add Files. You can also drag and drop the AVI file right onto the interface of the DumpMedia Video Converter.
Step 4. Convert AVI to MPEG
Go to the Convert all tasks to the field and choose MPEG as output. Just click on the drop-down arrow you see inside the Convert all tasks to field to see the list of outputs. Soon as you see MPEG, click on it. Go to the bottom part of the screen and click on Browse to select a location to save your file. Then go right ahead and click on the Convert button.
Aside from converting AVI to MPEG format, you can also want to know how to convert AVI to MP4 format. If you click the link, you will get a detailed guide to convert AVI video to MP4 format freely.
Option #2: Make Use of an AVI to MPEG Converter
There is an AVI to MPEG converter that you can use. Unfortunately, this particular converter does not support Mac. Read below to see what it is and how you can use it.
- Access to AVItoMPEG.DigitalVideoTools.org.
- Hit the orange Download Now button.
- Run and install it the AVI to MPEG converter file.
- Launch the program to start using it.
- Add the AVI file by dragging and dropping it right on the Input file name field. If you want to convert a lot of AVI files to the MPEG format, you can do it all at the same time. You can also personalize the order in which your files are to be converted. The file that’s on top of the list is the first one to be converted. To change the order, use the arrows (pointing up and down). You can find these arrows on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Hit on the To MPEG tab. This is on the menu bar above and it is the first tab on the far left-hand side of the screen.
- Determine the profile of the MPEG file by selecting any of the qualities on the drop-down menu. You can do this by clicking on the drop-down arrow found in the Profile field.
- Name your file on the Output File Name field.
- Hit on the blue Convert Now button. The progress of the file conversion is seen by the blue line on the Progress field. Once the blue line reaches the end of the field, a pop-up window will appear. Click whether you want to Open the Folder or Close window.
Part 3. Bonus: Download Your Desired Videos for Offline Viewing
AVI and MPEG are just some of the many inputs and outputs of the DumpMedia Video Converter. It supports a lot of other inputs and outputs. You will be able to convert a lot of files with the DumpMedia Video Converter. It’s not just focused on converting AVI files to MPEG.
Furthermore, the DumpMedia Video Converter offers the following: Spotify Music Converter, Online Downloader, and Apple Music Converter. These converters can help you a lot when it comes to saving and collecting the kind of audio and video file formats you want.
One thing worth mentioning about the Video Converter, Spotify Music Converter, and the Apple Music Converter is that they are not web-based. So, once you have downloaded the video and saved it on your Mac, you can use any of the said converters to convert into your desired format. Then you can enjoy your newly converted audio or video file even if you’re not connected to the internet. Or you can download videos with DumpMedia’s Online Downloader directly. Yes, you can always view your videos offline.
Part 4. In Conclusion
You can now view a lot of files on your Mac with the use of the DumpMedia Video Converter. It’s easy to use and you won’t have to spend so much time converting files.
What do you use to convert audio and video files on your Mac? Which between the two methods would you be willing to use? We would love to hear your thoughts.