Audiobook lovers would surely gladly say that Audible is one of those platforms that give its subscribers countless benefits when it comes to audiobook streaming. For first-time users, there are lots of things that must be learned and must be noted including the process of how to exchange books on Audible.
Audible is a great application that gives access to millions of audiobooks under different genres. And, subscribers will be entitled to the advantage of downloading the preferred audiobooks for offline streaming. Of course, before purchasing an audiobook, most users are looking into the title and the short clip or teaser of the book. However, getting an audiobook on Audible could somehow be a gamble. The idea that you are to decide to purchase an audiobook based on the teaser only could be tricky.
The great thing about Audible is that subscribers have the ability to return or exchange the audiobooks they initially purchased if it turned out that those aren’t their style. If you are using Audible for quite some time now and don’t have an idea of how to exchange books on Audible, we will give the tutorial here.
Part 1. Can You Exchange Audible Books After Reading?
Actually, if you head to Audible’s website, you will be reading about the Audible Return Policy. If you subscribed to the Audible Premium Plus subscription, Audible will let you take a chance to listen to a new narrator without thinking about losing the Audible credit. If you wish to take advantage of this chance, you have to do the return within 365 days from the date of purchase.
The policy is actually dependent on how Audible users are using the app. The team is monitoring any abuse to this perk and has the ability to detect excessive returns, the number of times the titles are returned even after prolonged listening or returning several titles one time. Once the Audible team found out that the policy or advantages mentioned are being misused by the subscriber, they have the right to limit the number of returns a certain member is allowed to enjoy as well as the possible loss of this return privilege.
You should also take note that if you are not maintaining your Audible membership in good condition or standing, you might not be eligible to make returns. Audible can also modify the conditions and terms of this return policy at any time while respecting all the Audible participants or members.
Now that you know a brief idea about the exchange of Audible books, we will be further giving you information about it but this time, with regards to the number of times you can do the exchange or return. What’s more, we will give you a detailed guide on how to exchange books on Audible.
Part 2. How Many Times Can You Exchange a Book on Audible?
Of course, before you know how to exchange books on Audible, you must be aware of the number of times you are allowed to exchange an Audible audiobook. Identifying this information will help you monitor as well if you are misusing or taking an advantage of the return policy benefit.
If you will browse through the web and look for answers on many community platforms, you will know that there is no number or limit that has been stated by Audible when it comes to this policy. Technically, you can return or exchange a lot of books. However, if you return “too many books at a time” or do the exchange multiple times in a row, the Audible team will notice this and might closely monitor your privilege.
Added to this, if you keep on doing this, you might see an error saying that you are no longer eligible for a return. If this popped up, then you would have to contact Audible customer care to check and ask.
You should also be aware that you can even return or exchange a book even if you already listened to it in full.
Another thing – what if you are a non-member? Is it still possible to return a book? Yes! A non-member can actually return or exchange up to 2 books every 6 months. However, to do this, there is now a need to contact Audible customer support which you can reach via phone call, email, or even via chat.
Part 3. How to Exchange Books on Audible?
Now that you know the basics about Audible audiobook exchange, we will now be giving you a brief tutorial regarding how to exchange books on Audible using your desktop or mobile device.
How to Exchange Books on Audible on Desktop?
If you are using your desktop PC, here is a detailed method to exchange books on Audible.
- On your PC’s browser, head to Audible’s main website and log in using your account credentials. After that, you will be landing on the Home page.
- At the top right area of the screen, hover your mouse to see your name. Tick this button and from the options presented via the drop-down menu, click the “Account Details” option.
- You will now be on a new page. Make sure to click the “Purchase History” located at the left area of the screen. By doing so, all those purchased items will be shown on your screen.
- From the list provided, look for the title of the book that you want to return. There is this “Return” option alongside each book title. Just tick that button. Take note that those considered as Audible Originals are not eligible for return.
- By then, a popup message will show up asking you about the reason why you are returning the audiobook. Just mark one from the list.
- Finally, tick the “Return” button. After that, you will notice that the book has been returned already.
After the successful return of the chosen audiobook, automatically, the credit will be returned back to you and you can have it used to buy another audiobook of your choice.
Now, what is the process of how to exchange books on Audible using your mobile device?
How to Exchange Books on Audible on Mobile?
Here is how to exchange books on Audible if you are using your mobile device. Take note that the process could look almost the same as the process when you are trying to return a book using your desktop PC. However, there are times that you might not see the “Return” option when you head to the website of Audible.
- The first thing you have to do is to go to your mobile’s browser and head to Audible’s main website.
- At the left portion, there is this “Menu” button at the top. Click on it. From the options shown, select the “My Account” button and then, “Purchase History”.
- As mentioned, you will notice that the “Return” button for each book title will not be seen on the screen. You might be curious about the “>” button. If you think this will lead you to the return option, you are wrong. By ticking this, you will just see the details of the purchase made for that specific book. But there is nothing to worry about this. To proceed, you need to take an extra step after logging in to your Audible account using your mobile browser. Just head to the bottom page of the screen and look for the “Full Site” option and then click on it.
- Once done, you will be redirected to the desktop version. So here, you will now be seeing the “Menu” option at the top of the page. Once you saw this, then you can just simply follow the same procedure when doing the return on your desktop PC.
Finally, you now know how to exchange books on Audible by using your desktop PC or your mobile device. We will now share a bonus tip with you as you go to the next section since, in the next part, we’ll share how you can download Audible audiobooks for offline streaming.
Part 4. Bonus: How to Download Audible Books for Offline Playing
Downloading an Audible audiobook for streaming offline could be a confusing task especially for beginners who do not have any idea of how to do it. Actually, you can use third-party software applications like DumpMedia Audible Converter.
DumpMedia Audible Converter is a very capable software application since this has the ability to convert Audible audiobook into MP3 (a much more playable format) and any other supported output formats and even proceed with the downloading process.
The app can also make sure that the conversion will be totally lossless – meaning, quality can still be maintained even if processing has been performed. ID3 tags and even chapters will also be maintained. You will also be more relieved since the DRM encryption will also be removed while conversion is ongoing.
Lastly, the interface is too easy to use and understand. How can you use this DumpMedia Audible Converter to download Audible audiobooks for offline streaming? You only need to follow three steps and here are those.
Step #1. Install, Launch, Start Importing Audible Files
Once you completed all the installation requirements and you now have the DumpMedia Audible Converter on your PC, you can just launch the app and then begin importing the Audible audiobooks via the “Add Files” button. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the files if you wish to.
Step #2. Output Format Selection
You can choose an output format, but MP3 is a more recommended format since this is the most playable one. It is also recommended to add or define an output folder that you can use to access the converted files after the whole process is completed.
Step #3. Convert And Wait Once Done
Since the application has fast speed when it comes to conversion, you would need to wait only for a few minutes and the process will be over soon. To begin converting, you just have to click the “Convert” button and the app will then perform the whole process.
The DumpMedia Audible Converter also has the ability to remove the DRM protection of the Audible audiobooks. Thus, after the conversion process, you can have the converted files shared, moved, or transferred to any device and have those streamed offline anytime you want to.
Part 5. Summary
How to exchange books on Audible is no longer a mystery to Audible users. You can have the whole process performed on either your desktop PC or on your mobile device. You can just simply follow the procedures discussed in the third part of this article and you should be good to go.
In case you want to keep all your Audible favorites, seeking the help of applications like DumpMedia Audible Converter would be great. Being able to download an audiobook of your choice lets you do the streaming offline even if you are away.