It’s too bad. You just can’t play Audible on Roku. It would have been great if you could but you can’t. There is just no way you can play Audible on Roku directly. The reason for that is simple: Audible is not compatible with Roku.
Now, don’t let incompatibility get in the way. This article will explain to you further what Roku is and how you can play Audible on it.
Part 1. Can You Listen to Audible on Roku?
Roku is a simple media player. You can just plug it into the HDMI cable at the back of your TV and you’re all set. There is also what they call a Roku stick, which plugs directly into the back of your TV.
A Roku player allows you to watch internet TV streaming services on your television. You can get traditional cable or satellite TV packages straight through your internet. There’s no need for you to go through a cable company and that’s why it’s awesome.
Unfortunately, you cannot play Audible on Roku. Roku supports a long list of file formats and these are the following: ALAC, AC3/EAC3, DTS, AAC, WMA, MP3, FLAC, and PCM. It’s just too bad that it does not include the file formats of Audible audiobooks which are AA/AAX.
Part 2. How Can You Download Audible on Roku?
In spite of the incompatibility, you can make both Audible and Roku work together. By converting the file format of your Audible audiobooks, you will be able to play them on Roku. Read on to learn how you can convert your Audible audiobooks into formats that are compatible with Roku.
Option #1. Download Audible on Roku with DumpMedia Apple Music Converter
Don’t be misled by the DumpMedia Apple Music Converter. It does more than just convert the songs from Apple Music. You can also use this convert your Audible audiobooks into formats that are compatible with Roku. Yes, it’s a very powerful converter for your audiobook and it supports various input formats such as AAX+, AA, M4B, and AAX. In just a couple of minutes, this amazing program can convert your audiobooks from Audible into MP3. That way, you will be able to play your Audible on Roku.
Take a look at the steps below to see how you can use the DumpMedia program to play Audible audiobooks on Roku.
- Gain Access to the DumpMedia Apple Music Converter
- Add an Audiobook
- Convert and Download
- Play on Roku
Keep on reading the detailed steps below:
Step 1. Gain Access to the DumpMedia Apple Music Converter
For starters, you need to gain access to the DumpMedia Apple Music Converter. To do that, just click on this link. Download, run and launch the program on your computer.
Step 2. Add an Audiobook
Adding an audiobook is easy. Just click on Audiobooks under Playlists. You will see this on the left-hand side of the screen. Once you have clicked on Audiobooks, all your audiobooks will appear on the main screen. Select the ones you want to play on Roku.
Step 3. Convert and Download
Take your cursor to the Output Setting and choose a file format for your audiobook output. You can also choose a destination for your audiobook output. Once you’ve done all that, click on the Convert button to start downloading your audiobook output.
Step 4. Play on Roku
Now that your Audible audiobooks have been converted, you can play them on Roku. Copy the audiobooks to a USB drive. Then plug in the USB to your Roku device.
Tip: If you are finding audiobook players, here are some best tools for you to play your audiobooks.
Option #2. Use Audible AAX to MP3 Converter
The Audible AAX to MP3 Converter is another program you can consider. Take a look at the steps below to see how you can use it.
- Go to the website as seen in the photo below to download the program. You will see a green Download button as soon as you get on the website. Click on it.
- Launch the program. Now, don't be alarmed. The program appears to be in the German language. It works just fine and it’s not a virus or anything. Click on the only button that's available.
- Navigate to the location of your audiobook. To get your AAA files to open up, put the asterisk in the File name box and hit Enter. That will list down every file that’s in the folder. Select the AAX file and open it.
- Once you click open your file, you will be brought back to the Audible AAX to MP3 Converter where you will find another button. Click on it to convert your Audible into an MP3 format.
Option #3. Use Epubor Audible Converter
Another program you can consider is Epubor Audible Converter. Check out the steps below to see how you can use it.
- To download this program, you would have to go to their website. You will find a download button soon as you get t their website. Click on it.
- You can drag and drop an audiobook onto the interface of the program. You can also click on the +sign.
- You will see a blue tab on the mid, bottom part of the screen. Click on it to start converting your audiobook to MP3.
Tip: If you want to know more tools to convert your Audiobooks, just check out the provided link.
Part 3. Conclusion
As you can see, it’s very easy to play your Audible on Roku. In spite of their incompatibility, you can avail of programs like the DumpMedia Apple Music Converter to be able to play your favorite Audible audiobooks on Roku.
Have you tried playing Audible audiobooks on Roku? Share with us some of your thoughts, our readers would love to hear them.