The VLC media player is an open-source, free media player application for both the PC and the Mac. You can use it to view media content like songs or videos from different file formats. That’s the reason why it’s widely used. You’ve probably also used it to download YouTube videos. Since VLC can convert and play just about any format, you probably have a ton of VLC YouTube download videos on your computer right now. However, VLC YouTube download videos can take up a lot of space on your computer.
Fortunately, you have 3 Excellent alternatives to replace your VLC YouTube download tool. With these 3 simple alternatives, you will still be able to download your favorite videos but at the same time, save a lot of space on your computer.
If you want to know more about the 3 space-saving alternatives to your VLC YouTube download videos, go ahead and read on.
Part 1. 3 Space-Saving Alternatives To Your VLC YouTube Download Videos
Alternative #1: Use The DumpMedia Online Video Downloader
Do you know that there’s this awesome alternative that can help you to deal with a lot of VLC YouTube download videos? You can use the DumpMedia Online Video Downloader instead. This is not to say that VLC is no good because it is. It’s just that it takes up some space on the computer.
The DumpMedia Online Video Downloader is a web-based service that can help you download videos, not just from YouTube, but from other websites as well. Hence, you can download from Facebook, SoundCloud, Vimeo, Instagram and more.
Just like VLC, the DumpMedia Online Video Downloader is free but it stands out because there’s no need to download and to install the software. You can just go to their website to download any videos. Since there’s no need for you to download and to install any software, it’s not going to take up any space on your computer. You’ll definitely have more space for all your downloaded videos.
The DumpMedia Online Video Downloader is very easy to use. You literally just have to paste the URL of the video you want to download. If you don’t believe it, take a look at the simple steps below.
- Got to DumpMedia Online Video Downloader.
- Paste the URL of the video you want to download in the text field. You won’t miss it because it’s right in the middle of your screen.
- Choose your preferred format. A long list of options will appear soon as you paste the URL of the video you want to download. Interestingly, you won’t just see a list of video format options. You will also see the quality and size of each of the video formats. That way, you can make a smart decision as to which video format to download.
- Click on the download button corresponding to the video format of your choice.
That’s all there is to it when using the DumpMedia Online Video Downloader. You can use the DumpMedia on your phone, computer, or on your tablet. It can be used on Mac, Windows, and Android. Since it’s a web-based service, you can access it anytime and anywhere.
In just 4 easy steps, you are able to download your favorite videos in no time. Compared to other media players, it’s easier to save and to store your YouTube download videos to your computer, smartphone, or tablet.
Alternative #2: Go To ComputerHope.Com
ComputerHope.com has been around since the late 90’s. To be exact it has been offering computer help since 1998. Long before everybody was on the internet.
It is a great resource for anything that’s a computer. It offers help and tips on how to use a computer. This website shares a wealth of information on the history of the computer. One of the wonderful features of this particular website is that it allows you to download a YouTube video. Just like the DumpMedia, there’s no need to download and to install the software. You can easily download the YouTube video on their website.
If you’re wondering how to download YouTube videos on ComputerHope.com, just follow the steps below.
- Go to computerhope.com.
- Navigate your cursor to the right side of the screen. You will see Visitor Favorites. Right under that, click on Download YouTube. It’s actually the third on the list. You won’t miss it. Once you click on it, it will take you to another page.
- Read the instructions on the next page.
- Go to YouTube to copy the URL of the video you want to download.
- Go back to the computerhope.com homepage and paste the URL on the text field. You will see the text field right under step 2.
- Click on the download button right under the text field. You will be taken to another page.
- Click on the box that says “Good quality.” You will have a list of options to choose from. You will be able to download your YouTube video in an MP4 or WEBM format with their corresponding record-setting. However, it won’t say how much space each of the video formats will take up.
- Read the text inside the green box carefully. This green box is on the right side of the box that says “Good quality.” If what you see in the green box says “Download app ” then make sure to switch to download from the site. What that means is that you have to take your cursor below to slide the tab that says “Switch to download from the site.” Once you have done that, you will be able to download it from the web. The box right beside “Good quality” will change to “Download on the web.” Click on that to finally download your YouTube video.
Keep in mind that ComputerHope.com is a free resource and you won’t have to pay for the downloads. However, there will be some ads as you download a video. Some of those ads might ask you to pay for the download. You can just ignore those ads.
While ComputerHope.com is a simple alternative to replace your VLC YouTube download videos, you will notice that it’s not as straight forward as the DumpMedia Video Converter. In terms of navigation, you would have to read the instructions first on ComputerHope.com. If not, you might be deceived by the ads when you download your YouTube video.
Furthermore, you would have to be careful when you download on ComputerHope.com. Since they give two options as to where you can download from, you need to make sure that you are downloading from the web and not from the app. You really need to slide the tab that says “Switch to download from site ” before you click on the green download button. Nonetheless, it still is a simple alternative since it doesn’t require you to download any software.
Alternative #3: Download From YouTube In Your Android Smart Phone
Yes, you can also download from YouTube but only on an Android smartphone. Here are the steps on how you can download a YouTube video from the app itself using an Android smartphone.
- Go to your YouTube app.
- Open a video you want to download. You will notice a download button. That button is between the share and the save buttons.
- Click on the download button to save a copy of the YouTube video. You will be able to open the video on the app itself by going to the Library. You will see your video in the downloads.
You won’t get that download button if you are on the PC. The interface of YouTube is a lot different on your PC. However, you will be able to save the video so that you can add it to your playlist. You just have to be signed up with YouTube to be able to do that. Nonetheless, you can’t exactly save a YouTube video to your computer if you choose to use YouTube itself. That is what you know before sharing YouTube videos.
Part 2. Offline Alternative to VLC YouTube Download
The DumpMedia Video Downloader can do a lot for you. It’s very versatile. It allows you to download videos and audio from various websites as long as you have already installed this software on your own computer. For example, if you want to download a YouTube video, you can choose to save it as MP4 format and MP3 format. It supports videos from many video websites. It downloads the videos at a very fast speed without losing the quality of it. Without doubt, it should be the best offline alternative to VLC YouTube Download.
After saving the videos by this awesome tool, you are free to watch them offline and you will never need to worry about the unstable network connection.
Part 3. In Conclusion
So, if you want a space-saving alternative to your VLC YouTube download videos, you can consider the three options mentioned above. You wouldn’t have to download and to install any kind of software that will take up a lot of space on your computer. There will definitely be enough space on your computer for more downloaded videos.