Every music enthusiast or sound professionals would know how effective and great the M4A file format is. Since this format is known to be the successor of MP3 and was introduced to public years after MP3 was launched, this is identified as a better version with better quality. This format is mostly used in Apple devices. However, although great, people are finding it difficult to stream files in the mentioned format because not all media players support this, unlike the MP3 format. So some people would like to find ways to convert M4A files to MP3 format. This is why many are looking for methods on how to convert M4A to MP3 without iTunes.
There are many ways on how to do the conversion but in this article, we will be focusing more on those you can utilize even without the presence of the iTunes application. The iTunes application is very useful as it can serve not only as a music or file player/manager but can also be a converter (for simple conversion tasks). But, if you find it uncomfortable using the iTunes application, you have nothing to worry about because we will be discussing the ways on how to convert M4A to MP3 without iTunes.
Part 1: Is There A Way to Convert M4A to MP3 Without iTunes?
The best way on how to convert M4A to MP3 without iTunes is through the use of popular and trusted professional software applications like this DumpMedia Apple Music Converter. You can have this used in the conversion of files from M4A to MP3. In using this tool, there are a lot of features that you can enjoy.
- Batch conversion is possible so you can process a lot of files in one go. There is no need to reprocess.
- This even supports the conversion of audiobooks!
- The removal of DRM protection is done alongside conversion.
- The downloading of converted files is fast and efficient.
- Installation is easy to do and there are only a few requirements.
- Simple interface for easy navigation!
Actually, the above are only a few of the many things you can enjoy while using this DumpMedia Apple Music Converter. You can find more details on the official website if you wish to. For example, if you want to change M4P format into MP3 format, you can find out the answer in it. For now, we wanted to inform you on how to convert M4A to MP3 without iTunes with this tool. In using this, you should take note of below.
Note: Before doing the conversion through this mentioned tool, you need to ensure that your iTunes application is not functioning in the background. If you are using it, close this first and do not do anything while conversion is being done by DumpMedia Apple Music Converter.
Now, here are the steps that you need to undertake for successful M4A to MP3 conversion.
- Install and launch the application.
- Add the M4A files and choose MP3 as the resulting format.
- Finish everything by conversion.
Of course, there are more details that you need to know so here it is.
Step #1. Install and Launch The Application
You need to firstly install this DumpMedia Apple Music Converter on your personal computer. Whether you are using a Mac or Windows computer, you can have this installed. You just need to check out some few requirements for complete installation which you can see on the website mentioned initially. Once done, then you can just have it launched immediately.
Step #2. Add the M4A Files And Choose MP3 As The Resulting Format
The next thing needed to do is to add the M4A files onto the platform. You can just drag and drop the files and add as many as you want. Once importing of files has been completed, then you need to choose MP3 as the resulting format which you can do by hitting the down arrow under the “Output Format” button. You will see a lot of formats supported but we want to choose MP3 in this case. You also have the option to change some settings depending on your preference. Do not forget to indicate an output path so that you will be able to easily find the converted files once the process has been finished.
Step #3. Finish Everything by Conversion
After everything has been settled, you need to hit the “Convert” button to finally start the conversion process. This will only take some time since conversion and downloading speed is 16 times faster than usual converters you can see on the web. Progress bars will also be shown on the screen so you can monitor the status of the process.
Part 2: How to Convert M4A to MP3 In Windows Media Player?
Another method on how to convert M4A to MP3 without iTunes is through the use of an application that is surely already on your personal computer. You might not know, but Windows Media Player can also function as an alternative that you can use in order to transform your M4A files to MP3 format. It actually supports files in M4A, MKV, WMV, and of course, MP3.
How can you use this for conversion? Here are the steps that you need to complete.
- Surely, you have this already on your personal computer. So, you just need to launch the application and simply add the M4A files onto it by doing the dragging and dropping of files. After doing so, those imported files will be shown in Windows Media Player’s library.
- At the top left portion of the screen, you will see an “Organize” button. Make sure to click this to see new selections. From those displayed, choose the “Options” button.
- A new window will show on the screen. You need to select the “Rip Music” button and scroll down to see some more options. You will see the “Change” button in order to select a folder wherein the newly converted files will be saved.
- Hover to the format selection, now, click on the box in order to choose “MP3” as the output target. You can also choose a bit rate depending on your preference. After completion, you just need to hit the “OK” button to confirm the settings that you just set.
Many users mentioned that this actually worked on them. You can also try this one as this also works for a conversion. If you are not satisfied with the results, then you can always go back to tools like this DumpMedia Apple Music Converter.
Part 3: How to Convert M4A To MP3 Without iTunes Online?
If you are thinking of how to convert M4A to MP3 without iTunes, you can also do that through the aid of some online converters that you can easily access on the web. There are a lot of choices that will pop up on the screen when you just key in the keywords but you need to be vigilant and keen enough to identify which one will actually work for you. There are some online tools that will bother you with several advertisements and pop-ups. Well, you need to deal with those because you are using the tool for free and online. Since online, you need to make sure that you have a stable internet connection with you while conversion is on-going. For online tools, you can use any web browsers you prefer.
One of the best online M4A to MP3 converter is this Zamzar.com. If you have been converting files online before, then you should be able to know that this one is very trusted can produce amazing outputs. Here is a guide on how to convert M4A to MP3 without iTunes online using Zamzar.
- Go to the official website, Zamzar.com. As mentioned, you can have this accessed through any web browsers.
- Once you are on the main page, you need to hit the “Choose Files” button in order to load and upload those M4A files that you are to transform to MP3 using this online converter.
- The next step is to choose MP3 as the output format. You can do this by hitting the “downward arrow” to see the formats available.
- You need to type in your email address next in order to receive the converted files once the conversion has been completed.
- The last step that is needed is to do is to finally hit the “Convert” button in order to begin transforming your M4A files to MP3 format.
However, since Zamzar is a free and online tool, you are to face a limitation. You can only convert files up to 100 MB. More than that, you cannot process anymore.
Part 4: To Sum It All
After reading this whole page, you should know by now that converting your M4A files to MP3 format is not actually a hard task. You can do it using any of the options presented in this page. Will you prefer free or online tools over professional software converters? Give this a thought in case you need to do the conversion process.