Some tag Spotify as the big daddy of the music streaming world. At the moment, it’s servicing around a hundred million users and that’s a lot of users. So, if you want to join the bandwagon, go right ahead. You can download Spotify for Mac.
It’s pretty easy to download Spotify for Mac. As long as you can read, you can do it. With Spotify, you have the option to try it out for free or go straight to the premium account. How to get Spotify Premium free? The good news is that you can sign up for their premium account for free. Yes, you can! First thing’s first. You need to download Spotify for Mac.
Part 1. How to Download Spotify on Mac
The steps are pretty easy to follow. You don’t need any kind of technical skill to download Spotify. Go right ahead and install it by following the steps below.
- Open up your web browser.
- Go to Spotify.com.
- Choose between the free and premium accounts of Spotify. If you’re going for a free account, click on the green Get Spotify Free button. If you’re going for the paid account, click on the Get Spotify Premium button.
- Click on the Get Spotify Free button. You will get on another window where you can click the install file to finish up.
- Open up your Downloads folder.
- Double click on Install Spotify.
- Click on the OK button on the pop-up window. That pop-up window will just inform you that “Install Spotify” can’t be opened because it was not downloaded from the App Store.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Security & Privacy.
- Click on the Open Anyway tab.
- Click on the Open tab on the pop-up window.
- Wait for Spotify to download and to install. It won’t take long.
- Open in Finder.
- Move the Install Spotify file on the Downloads folder to Trash so that it won’t take up so much space. You can do that by double-clicking on Install Spotify and selecting Move to Trash from the drop-down list. Empty your trash.
- Double click the Spotify icon you see on your Dock.
- Choose the option Keep in Dock. Click on it to keep it there.
- Click on the Spotify icon again to open up your Spotify account. There you have it. You’ve just finished the download Spotify for Mac.
Part 2. How to Get a Premium Account for Free
The paid version of Spotify is what they call their Premium account. This allows you to listen to your music on the go. You can listen to it in your car. You can also take it along with you if you have to fly on a plane or simply commute on a bus. Their Premium account is very portable. As mentioned previously, you can get it for free. Spotify allows one premium account per person.
Now that you’ve already downloaded Spotify for Mac and you already have an account; you can upgrade it to Premium. Yes, you can do it for free. Just follow the steps below.
- Sign up on Spotify-sub.com.
- Click on the Get Premium tab you see on the bottom right of the screen.
- Enter your Spotify email address.
- Click on the Get Premium For Free tab.
- Click on the Verify button to get on a Spotify partner site that serves as a validation once you have typed in your email address.
- Put in a password to create a free account. This will serve only as a way to activate partner sites to validate your Spotify account.
- Click on the Create a FREE account now button.
- Type in your first and last name on the next window.
- Put in your credit card number. This is just to make sure that you have not created any other premium account. Don’t worry. There are no hidden fees.
- Type in the security code and expiration date of your credit card.
- Click on the Continue button. Congratulations. You now have a Premium Spotify account for free.
Part 3. Bonus: Listen to Ad-free Spotify Songs on Any Device
After going through the steps of signing up for a premium account, you might not be comfortable sharing your credit card number even if there aren’t going to be any charges. For security reasons, you might want to think twice about it. Although it’s safe, it wouldn’t hurt to think twice about it.
If you want to play it safe, you can just stick to the free version of Spotify. You might not like the fact that you have to deal with a lot of ads. Do you know that you can do without the ads if you convert your Spotify songs?
If this all sounds new to you, then read on. You see, you can convert the songs on your Spotify so that you can listen to them on any device, without internet connection and the annoying ads.
How exactly can you convert your Spotify songs? You can do that by using the DumpMedia Spotify Music Converter. The Mac version of the DumpMedia Spotify Music Converter is now available so go right ahead and click on it.
If you don’t want to go for the free premium account of Spotify, you can just go for the free account and then convert songs using the DumpMedia Spotify Music Converter. That’s a safe way to avoid the annoying ads that come with the free version. You can enjoy ad-free music with the DumpMedia Spotify Music Converter.
Part 4. The Bottom Line
There you have it. You can now download Spotify and enjoy the many tracks it offers. You can even use the DumpMedia Spotify Music Converter to convert your songs so that you wouldn’t have to risk your credit card on a partner site. You now have a lot of options to enjoy Spotify.
Have you downloaded Spotify yet? Are you on a free or paid version? Our readers would love to hear from you.