HandBrake is a free and popular video transcoder which was developed in the year 2003. It gained popularity because of its capability to convert almost all multimedia files including BluRay and DVD sources that don’t have copy protection. You can use it to convert videos and movies into MKV and MP4 formats.
Though HandBrake is a great tool, it also has its limitations. As we have mentioned, you can only convert to MKV and MP4 formats. So, if you want to convert your files into other formats, you can use Handbrake alternative tools like the ones we will be listed here. But first, let us start to give you our most recommended Handbrake alternative in the next section.
Part 1. Our Most Recommended Handbrake Alternative
We recommend that you use DumpMedia Video Converter if you are looking for the best alternative for Handbrake. This is a powerful tool for converting your favorite videos into your chosen formats without quality loss at high speeds.
What makes DumpMedia Video Converter great is that it offers complete features for all your video needs like conversion, download, playback, and editing your videos. Plus, it has a simple interface that even newbie users can easily understand. Check out the star features of DumpMedia Video Converter below.
Core Features of DumpMedia Video Converter
- It allows you to convert your videos into a wide array of formats like WMA, WAV, M4A, MP3, OGG, FLAC, AC3, AIFF, AAC, WMV, ASF, SWF, 3GP, 3G2, MOV, M4V, MKV, FLV, MP4, and AVI.
- You can improve the quality of your videos to enhance your viewing experience by optimizing shaky, dark, and overexposed videos or by upscaling from SD to HD.
- It offers flexible editing features for your videos like adding watermarks, clipping, cropping or rotating them.
- You can get rid of incompatibility issues because you can convert your videos into formats that your devices support.
- It can support 3D and 4K UHD conversion.
- It allows you to rip your homemade DVDs to MP4.
- If offers up to 6X video conversion speeds without quality loss.
Steps to Convert Your Videos Using DumpMedia Video Converter
To convert your desired videos through DumpMeida Video Converter, just follow the instructions below.
- Importing the Video Files You Want to Convert
- Selecting a Video Output Format & Destination Location
- Initiating the Conversion Process
Now, check out the details of the conversion steps in the following sections.
Step 1. Importing the Video Files You Want to Convert
The initial step is to obtain the installer for DumpMedia Video Converter. Go on and try the free version through this link to help you review the tool before buying the full version. Once you have downloaded the installer, go on, and install the app.
After installing, open DumpMedia Video Converter on your computer. Next is to import your files. What you need to do is click Add Files. You can also drag & drop your files on the app interface to import them.
Step 2. Selecting a Video Output Format & Destination Location
Now, choose your preferred video output format. Just click on the Convert all tasks to button to see your choices. Then, click Browse to select a destination location.
Step 3. Initiating the Conversion Process
The last step is to click Convert to begin the conversion process. Wait for the conversion to finish and you can view your converted videos by clicking Open Folder beside your downloaded video.
Part 2. Top 5 Handbrake Alternative Tools
Now, let us proceed to the top Handbrake alternative tools we have compiled for you below in no particular order.
#1 Mobile Media Converter
Mac users can use this Handbrake alternative for free. They can convert any of their desired videos in a wide variety of popular video and audio formats like MP3 and WMA. This tool is commonly used for converting videos into various audio formats that are compatible with mobile devices.
Other than a video converter, Mobile Video Converter also comes with a video downloader that allows its users to save online videos and movies from popular video sharing sites so that they can play them offline. Below are the core features of Mobile Video Converter
- Conversion of videos in almost all popular video and audio formats that are supported by mobile devices.
- It supports PS2 videos.
- It comes with a video downloader so you can download your desired videos from popular video sharing sites.
- It offers a trim function that allows you to tri videos and converts them as ringtones for your mobile devices.
This is another free alternative for Handbrake which can convert images, audio, and video files into various formats. Aside from converting your favorite video files, you can even preview the output files in Adapter.
Moreover, Adapter supports the conversion of files in batches which means that users are allowed to convert multiple files simultaneously. It is also equipped with an editor to help you trim your video and audio files. Below are the key features of Adapter.
- You can use Adapter for free to convert any of your desired videos, images, and audio files on your Mac computer.
- It supports video conversion in batches.
- It is capable of previewing your videos while it converts them.
- It comes with a video editor though it only offers a trim feature.
- Aside from video conversion, it also supports image and audio conversion.
- It can support almost all images, audio, and video formats.
#3 MPEG Streamclip
As its name suggests, MPEG Streamclip is a Handbrake alternative that can convert your desired video files into a wide range of formats like MPEG, PS, VOB, M2P, VRO, MOD, MOV, DAR, DV, and other audio and video formats.
MPEG Streamclip can even play your audio and video files in its interface. Aside from audio and video conversion, this tool also supports downloading videos from some video sharing sites via URL. Below are the key features of MPEG Streamclip
- It is a great Handbrake alternative for video conversion.
- It allows you to play your videos as well as download videos from online video sharing sites by entering the video’s URL.
- It can give you high-quality converted videos for you to enjoy watching them with minimum quality loss.
- It is equipped with a video editor that enables users to cut, rotate, or trim their videos.
- It is available for both Mac and Windows users.
#4 Any Video Converter
This is a popular software for converting videos and is famous among the users of Windows computers. What’s great about this tool is that Mac users can also enjoy its features. It allows you to convert your videos into a wide array of formats like MP3 and MP4. You can even convert to formats supported by your iPad, iPod, or iPhone devices.
Moreover, Any Video Converter allows users to burn their videos to DVDs. It is also capable of downloading and streaming videos though it only supports a few video streaming devices. Below are the key features of Any Video Converter.
- Conversion of videos in a wide variety of formats for playback on different devices.
- It allows its users to play their videos on devices such as Apple TV through the media streaming feature of the tool.
- It is equipped with a video editor like the other tools mentioned before.
- You can use it to split video and audio files and then save them into various audio formats.
- It comes with a video download feature but it does not support too many video sharing websites.
This is a Handbrake alternative from DivX which you can use totally for free. It offers versions for both Mac and Windows users for them to convert their desired video into other formats. Aside from converting your videos, DivX is also capable of streaming your videos into other devices. It can stream 4K, MKV, and DivX videos. Moreover, DivX can also play your videos. Below are the core features of DivX
- It is a free tool that allows users to convert their videos so that they can play them anywhere on any device.
- It can play or stream your videos into other devices.
- It is available for both Mac and Windows users who are looking for a great tool to convert their videos.
- It supports streaming to Chromecast, tablets, and TVs.
Part 3. Wrapping it Up
Handbrake is a great tool but no tool is perfect because every converter will always have its own limitations. But, using Handbrake alternative tools can help you find a converter that can give you the features you need that Handbrake was not able to provide to you.
Feel free to try each of our recommended Handbrake alternatives and see which one will suit your requirements best. We hope that you will have fun in the process.