At present, iTunes is the only tool that you can use to access Apple Music on a computer. The question is – is it possible to access Apple Music using other media players on PC? Luckily, you will have a positive answer.
With this guide, you will be provided with several methods on how to listen to Apple Music without iTunes on your PC.
Part 1. The recommended Solution to Listen to Apple Music without iTunes
Majority of the media players or portable devices are not capable to play Apple Music songs due to the DRM protection. In case you want to add Apple Music tracks on a different device or play it using a VLC player, the initial task is to eliminate the DRM protection. After this, you can store your Apple Music tracks on any device that you want.
A solution in removing the Apple FairPlay DRM protection is to use Apple Music Converter by DumpMedia. This is a multi-functional tool that removes the DRM protection from the M4P files of Apple Music and converts them to MP3, AC3 and FLAC files. When the DRM protection is eliminated, you can listen to Apple Music songs without iTunes anymore on your PC or Mac.
Furthermore, you have the option to import the DRM-free songs to any media player that you want to use such as QuickTime Media Player, VLC Media Player, and Windows Media Player. Aside from converting Apple Music, the tool can also get rid of the DRM protection from iTunes/Audible audiobooks.
Before moving on to the steps, let us take a close look at the noteworthy features of the Apple Music Converter by DumpMedia:
- Eliminate DRM protection from Apple Music and iTunes songs
- Convert Apple Music files to AC3, MP3, FLAC, etc.
- The rapid conversion speed of up to 16X while preserving optimum quality
- Produces Apple Music tracks that are compatible on any device
Now, let us proceed to the steps:
- After downloading and installing the Apple Music Converter by DumpMedia on your computer, iTunes will automatically open to load your Apple Music files. Remember that all the songs on Apple Music must be downloaded from iCloud and stored on the local hard drive. In case the songs do not appear in the main interface, simply tap on the “Refresh” button to load the tracks manually.
- Tap on “Music” or your preferred playlist from the left panel. Choose all the Apple Music tracks that you want to convert by marking them one by one. If you want to select an entire playlist or album, tap on the checkbox at the top menu.
- You can choose from a variety of output formats – MP3, AIFF, AC3, FLAC, M4R, M4A, AU and MKA. Simply choose the format that you need.
Note: AC3 and MP3 have been the preferred audio format that can be played on various media devices. FLAC and AIFF are a lossless audio format that provides top audio quality. M4R is the format for iPhone ringtone.
- Adjust the settings as needed. If you will tap on “Options”, you can make the necessary adjustments on the conversion speed. You even have the option to rename or sort the files based on the album, title, artist, etc. In addition, if you decide to keep the metadata tags such as artist, album, cover art or more, you must select the “Metadata tag” option.
- Remove the DRM protection from Apple Music. Once you are ready, tap on the “Convert” button to remove DRM from Apple Music and convert them to the MP3 format. Once the process finishes, you can listen to Apple Music songs without iTunes on any media player or device. You no longer need iTunes to play the Apple Music tracks.
- Enjoy your Apple Music tracks on a Mac or PC without iTunes. Depending on the media player that you will use, you can use one to stream Apple Music offline.
Part 2. How to Stream Apple Music via A Browser without iTunes
For those who in search for the Apple Music’s web player to listen to Apple Music on your web browser, you can use tools.applemusic.com.
Simply go to the site and log in using your Apple ID. You are going to be directed to a home screen that displays the latest Apple Music songs, albums and playlists. This site is the embeddable web player by Apple Music. You can listen to complete songs with this player once you login into your account. Furthermore, you can also add playlists and albums to your library.
Once the DRM protection has been removed by the Apple Music Converter by DumpMedia, you can enjoy Apple Music on your Mac or PC without requiring iTunes. Otherwise, you can also play DRM-free tracks on your computer with any media player or music player. In addition, you can even transfer Apple Music to other devices that do not support the installation of the Apple Music app.