Videos are great to watch. Whether they’re movie videos or not, you can always level them up with subtitles. That might be hard for you to do especially if you don’t know how to embed subtitles into video permanently.
It might seem a bit intimidating to embed subtitles into video permanently. That doesn’t mean you can’t do it. This article will show you how to do it. You’d be surprised how easy it is.
Part 1. Why Embed Subtitles into Video Is Important?
There are a lot of reasons as to why subtitles in a video are important. From an SEO point of view, you can reach a wider audience with subtitles. It can also enhance your viewing experience.
Another good reason is that you can make your video available in noisy environments. You won’t have to worry about the audio if your video has subtitles.
Before embedding subtitles into video permanently, you'd better know how to download YouTube subtitles as text.
Part 2. Three Options on How to Embed Subtitles into Video Permanently
Here are the three options that can help you embed subtitles into a video permanently. Read on below to learn more about these three options.
Option #1: Use The DumpMedia Video Converter to Embed Subtitles into Video Permanently
Use the DumpMedia video Converter to add external subtitles to your video. The good thing with the DumpMedia Video Converter is that you can also convert the video you want and at the same time, embed the subtitles into video permanently. It’s very easy to use this software. Just follow the steps below.
Step 1. Download the DumpMedia Video Converter.
Step 2. Add your video to the DumpMedia Video Converter.
Step 3. Make sure to fill in the Subtitle field.
Let’s move on to the detailed steps right now.
Step 1. Download The DumpMedia Video Converter
Use this link to go to the DumpMedia website. You will see two options on the top, right-hand side of your screen. Click on the Video Converter.
Click on your preferred version of the DumpMedia Video Converter. If you’re a Mac user, you can use the DumpMedia Video Converter right away. If you’re a Windows user, just hold on tight. The Windows version of the DumpMedia Video Converter will be out soon.
Once you have downloaded it, install and launch it on your computer.
Step 2. Add Your Video to The DumpMedia Video Converter
Click on the + sign on the left-hand side of the DumpMedia Video Converter. By doing so, you can add the video to the DumpMedia Video Converter.
Step 3. Make Sure to Fill in The Subtitle Field
Once the video is added to the DumpMedia Video Converter, make sure to fill in the Subtitle field. Then choose the preferred video format on the Convert all tasks to field. Click on the Convert button and you’re all set. That is an easy way on how to embed subtitles into video permanently.
The DumpMedia Video Converter can do other great things to enhance your video. Aside from converting your video and adding subtitles, you can also use it as an editing tool. It can help you level up your viewing experience with quality videos.
Option #2: Sync Subtitles to Your Video
- Choose a movie from your computer
- Open your browser.
search for the subtitles of your preferred movie.
- Click on the first link you see on the search page.
- Scroll down and choose the subtitles that suits your video format.
- Click on the link to download.
- Extract files from the folder.
- Take note of the number of the video file. You will see it in the name of the video.
- Play the video that you want to embed subtitles to and do a right-click.
- Scroll down the list and select Subtitle from the list.
- Select Add Subtitle File. Soon as you click on that, you will be taken to your Download folder.
- Click on the file that you have downloaded. After you have done so, you will see that the subtitles are syncing properly in your video. This is another way on how to embed subtitles into video permanently.
Tip: You may want to know where you can download subtitles for free. Here we share the link of the best 7 websites to download subtitles for your movies.
Option #3: Use Format Factory
Format Factory is a multifunctional file conversion tool that can be used on a lot of multimedia files.
- Create a text document. Make sure it’s in the same folder as the video you want to embed subtitles onto.
- Name the text document with the same video name. Click on File on the top menu. Make sure to select Save asso that you could add .srt the file name.
- Select UTF-8 in the Encoding field.
- Click on Save.
- Delete the old Text file to avoid confusion.
- Open the new Text file.
- Type in the number one. This is for the first subtitle.
- Type in the time. The first set of zeros as 00. This represents the hour. Make sure to add the colon sign(:) after the first set of zeros. Hence, the first set of zeros will look as follows 00:
- Add another set of zeros after the colon sign. That set of zeros will represent the minutes.
- Add another set of zeros to represent the seconds.
- Add thee zeros at the end to represent milliseconds.
- Your time will look as follow 00:00:00, 000
- Set the end time in the same format. Make sure to separate it with - ->. It should look as follows 00:00:00, 000 - -> 00:00:10,000.
- Start typing your subtitle soon as you’ve pressed on Enteron your keyboard. It should look like this on your Text document:
00:00:00, 000 - -> 00:00:10,000
This is subtitle
For the second sub, do the same thing on the next lines of your text document. Just change the number one to 2 and make sure to set the time accordingly. See below:
00:00:00, 000 - -> 00:00:10,000
Type in subtitles.
00:00:10, 000 - -> 00:00:20,000
Type in more subtitles
- Save your Text document.
- Open your video. You will see the subtitles that you have typed in.
- Open up Format Factory to start embedding subtitles to your video.
- Take your video file to the interface of Format Factory by dragging and dropping it.
- Convert the video to your preferred format.
- Click on the start button.
- Wait for the conversion to finish. Once it’s done, click on the video to see subtitles.
- Delete the .srt file if you like. You won’t be needing it anymore.
Part 3. In Conclusion
It’s not that hard to embed subtitles into video permanently. You can do it. Just choose which option suits you and you’re good to go.
Do you know how to embed subtitles into video permanently? Share with us how you usually do it.